Monday, November 24, 2008

Decorating day 2 - Morning

If I had to pick a single word to describe the Victorian Christmas decorating process, it would be easy. Overwhelmed! I choose this particular word in both a positive and a negative sense. I am overwhelmed quality of the decorations and the creativity that our volunteers demonstrate every year. Some of your volunteers have been decorating the O'Dell House Museum for more than thirty years. To bring new energy and excitement every year is overwhelming. On the other side, the small details which need to be dealt with, the mess that needs to be cleaned up and the ensuring that all of the volunteers have what they need to work with is also overwhelming. Thankfully, I have dry socks today.

As I am writing this, everyone has stopped for lunch. Curried egg sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, cranberry squares, tea and coffee this year.

All for now,
RGS

No comments:

Post a Comment