Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fog then Frost

Just a quick post today. When I was driving home from the Annapolis Heritage Society Board meeting on Monday night, I was struck by how thick the fog was on the Annapolis River. I thought that I had seen every type of fog in during my time in Annapolis Royal but this was different. A curve ball from nature if you will. The fog was so thick that I could not see the Annapolis Tidal Generating Project as I crossed the Annapolis River causeway. For those of you who are not familiar with the area, this is a large building right beside the road. You need thick fog to even hide parts of it. In fact, the car in front of me vanished for a short time as well. This made for a bit of stress behind the wheel. The amazing thing is that the fog had vanished by the time I had crossed the causeway and turned into Granville Ferry. This is a distance of less than a quarter of a kilometer. For the rest of my ride home the night was perfectly clear.

When I drove in to Annapolis Royal yesterday morning, all of the fog had turned to a picturesque hoar frost. I could not resist hauling out the camera for a few images of the frosty old town. For some additional images of the frost, check Trish Fry's Gardens Shutterbug blog. If you don't like the weather in Annapolis Royal, just wait five minutes.

All for now,
RGS

No comments:

Post a Comment