Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Snowy Sunday Morning

This will be a fairly quick post this morning. I had some errands to run in Annapolis Royal before our current snow storm got too strong (15 -20cm predicted) so, I figured that I should stop at the O'Dell House Museum to make sure things were in shape to weather the storm. When I hopped out of the car, I saw that there was yet another version of the ever changing view of Granville Ferry so I hauled out my camera and snapped a few pictures. Because of the snowfall the definition of the houses on the Granville side of the basin is compromised, but this is what it looks like. You will also see from a couple of these pictures that the tide is very high this morning. This is usually the case due to the storm surge.

The two black ducks, which you can see in the bottom of the top picture, were resting unseen along the bank of the river. As I approached the bank with my camera and startled them, the rustling of feathers and scurry of moving ducks gave me a good startle. Better to wake you up than I cup of coffee I can assure you. Despite my adrenaline rush, I am very happy to live in a place where we can interact so directly with nature.

All for now,
RGS

No comments:

Post a Comment