Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winter Fun

Well, this seems like an appropriate image for today. I think that these children have the right idea. This is Canada in the winter. We are going to get cold weather and snow. We may as well make the most of it by doing something fun outside. This notion was further etched into my mind when I saw a young group of cadets, with toboggans in hand, heading toward Fort Anne earlier today. I would imagine that they are having a grand time sliding down the hills about now. With a cup of hot chocolate to finish off the trip, I have trouble thinking of a better way to spend a snowy Saturday afternoon. In fact, that may be my plan when I get away from the computer.

This image comes from the Charlotte Perkins scrapbook which I have been featuring lately. It was taken about 1900 on upper St George Street in Annapolis Royal. Unfortunately, the children are unidentified.

All for now,
RGS

No comments:

Post a Comment