Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hats Off

For those of you who do not live around Annapolis Royal, I am posting a few more images to show the progress on the Troop Barn. Today is the first day that I have been out to the barn and the cupola has been off of the building. I am always amazed at how large a cupola is when it is on the ground. At the top of a building they do not look very big. On the ground, the cupola was well over 6 feet (1.8meters) across.

I can not offer much more in the realm of detail as to what will become of the barn. The story which is being repeated around town is that the frame is indeed moving to the south shore of the province. At this point, I really can not confirm or deny this story. I hope that there is some truth to the story as moving to a new home in Nova Scotia is better than being hauled off to the landfill or being hauled out of the province.

All for now,
RGS

1 comment:

  1. What a shame. Granville Centre is where my grandparents are from, my grandmother Hester Withers being raised directly across Hwy 1 from it. I truly hate to see the demise of any heritage structure but this one was a local landmark and its demise makes us all the poorer.

    F.R. Wade

    ReplyDelete