Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Taking our Show on the Road

Over the next two weekends I am going to be hitting the road with stories about everything that heritage tourism has to offer in Annapolis Royal. This weekend (April 24 - 25, 2009), I will be part of the Annapolis Attractions booth at the Saltscapes Expo in Halifax. The show is open on Sunday the 26th as well but someone else will be at the booth that day. This will be my first time at the Saltscapes Expo so I am looking forward to what everyone tells me is a very busy show. The next weekend (May 1-3), I will be at the Blooms By the Sea show in Yarmouth. Once again, I will be working with the other attractions in Annapolis Royal to let people know about our community and all of its cultural assets. If you are attending either of these shows, please feel free to drop by the Annapolis Royal booth to say hello. I may even write a blog post from the floor of the trade show if I have the opportunity.

Today's image is from the Annapolis Heritage Society's archival collection. This is an image of the members of the Annapolis Royal Tennis Club taken about 1925. The tennis courts were located near the area where Champlain Drive and School Street meet.

All for now,
RGS

No comments:

Post a Comment