Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This Blog is Going to the Birds

Since I am still on vacation, I am going to take a bit of a turn from my regular cultural history based posts and make a natural history post. Hey, I am allowed a few other interests. Today was a snowy and blowy day around Annapolis Royal so I decided to spend some time watching the birds at our feeders. In all honesty, this is a fairly common activity for me. I usually enjoy watching the feeder birds as I have a cup of coffee in the morning. At least I try to watch the birds as I am getting the kids fed, dressed and out the door. Since there was no need to rush out the door this morning, I decided to see if I could leisurely get photographs of some of the species which visit our house.

While this collection of birds is not particularly rare for the Annapolis Royal area, they are some of my regular winter visitors. My sense of humour is not warped enough to refer to them as my frequent flyers. From top to bottom they are a chickadee, downy woodpecker, goldfinch, female cardinal, mourning doves and a bluejay.

All for now,
RGS




















No comments:

Post a Comment