Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blossoms and Blooms

After work tonight I felt like it would be a good time to pull on my rubber boots and tromp around my property to see what is coming into bloom. Since the spring tends to be the time of year that I am running to conferences, trade shows, workshops and trying to get our three museums up and running for the season, I find that I need to remind myself to take the opportunity to look at the flowers while I can. All too often I have found myself standing in a December snowstorm wondering where the flowers have gone. While our yard is in no way comparable to the Historic Gardens in Annapolis Royal, I can usually find something to work into a picture or two. In this post the images are mostly broken into sets. The first two images are of a Rhododendron P.J.M., the second two are from a black cherry tree, the third two from a yellow plum and the final image is from an ash tree.

I suppose the other reason that flowers are in my thoughts today is because I am scheduled to be working at the Annapolis Royal booth at the Blooms by the Sea show in Yarmouth this weekend (April 30 - May 2). This is our opportunity to remind the folks in some of our neighbouring communities of just how much we have to offer in Annapolis Royal. I enjoyed this show in its inaugural edition last year so I am hoping for something equally pleasant this year. Three day away from home should also provide me with the opportunity to catch up with some of my friends from the Yarmouth County Museum. Although I am not sure if they have wireless in the Mariner Centre, I am sure that I will have the opportunity to make some sort of blog post from the show. If you are in Yarmouth, stop by our booth for a visit.

All for now,
RGS

























No comments:

Post a Comment