Saturday, June 19, 2010

We Love Our Children Expo

Hello from my hotel room with a scenic view of Highway 102. If you had not already guessed, I am not in the Annapolis Royal region today. For the past couple of days I have been in Halifax representing our fair community at the "We Love Our Children Expo" at Exhibition Park. So far this has been a fun show and I have had the chance to meet some new people and tell them about our community. I really enjoy meeting people who have never heard about Annapolis Royal (more common than you would think). By the end of my explanation of the amenities around our town they are simply amazed. From the National Historic Sites, Historic Gardens, museums and fascinating history to King's Theatre, Upper Clements Park, nature trails and our natural beauty, we have something to please any palate. Add to this mix our Farmers Market, wonderful dining opportunities, inns, B&Bs and camping. You can see why it is fun to let people know that they have been missing something spectacular.

Now, speaking of missing something, since today seemed like it was going to be a beautiful day, I snapped the photograph at the bottom of this post before leaving Annapolis Royal at about 6:45 this morning. At least this gives me a bit of a memorial of what sounds like a glorious late spring day in the ancient capital of Nova Scotia.

If you want to visit with us at the We Love our Children Expo, we will be at Exhibition Park all day Sunday (June 20). I have free foam orca (see photograph) for the first 5 people who mention this post tomorrow.

All for now,
RGS























No comments:

Post a Comment