Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Short Sabbatical

After a short sabbatical I am making a very quick return to the Annapolis Royal Heritage blog with an archival image. In fact, I am still away from home and this image gives me a chance to remember what I am coming back to. I will be making a return to all other Annapolis Royal heritage things early this week.

This image was taken about 1929 with the photographer looking up St George Street with the photographer standing in front of the current playground. Note the second floor on the back of King's Theatre (the large building on the right). Early descriptions of this building mention office space, a showroom and a dance floor on the second floor. Today only the office space and a projection room remain.

All for now,
RGS

No comments:

Post a Comment