Tuesday, August 10, 2010

When I was out of Town

Ok, I realize that this blog is about heritage in Annapolis Royal and area. I also realize that this is an incomparably beautiful part of the world and that we are a destination for thousands of tourists. This being said, once in a while it is useful for me to get out of Annapolis Royal during the summer so I can see what is going on in other communities or museums. It is nice to both recharge the batteries and get a few new ideas about how we can present the heritage of Annapolis Royal to the world.

Over the past few days I have had the chance to spend some time in PEI. Canada's smallest province has been a favorite destination since I was a child. My first trip to the island was to visit my grandparents when I was literally one week old. Over the years, I have made so many trips that I have long since lost count. There have been many changes, some for the better and some for the worse, but the people, landscape and food are always stellar. All of this painted on a palette of red soil and blue water.

As I usually do, I managed to visit a couple of museums. Many of the pictures in this post come from Orwell Corner which is a very interesting living history site. Seeing as our local lighthouses are a concern, I also spent some time visiting lighthouses to see various treatments of these structures.

All for now,
RGS















































No comments:

Post a Comment