Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ghosts and Sunsets

As I sometimes do, I found myself in Annapolis Royal just before sunset this evening. I was meeting people at the Sinclair Inn Museum so that we could take a look at the site in the darkness. While the last sentence may not initially make sense, it becomes more coherent when you realize that we have been setting up a haunted house in the museum over the past week. We needed to see how the decorations looked in the darkened atmosphere of the museum at night. I am quite excited about the haunted house and there will doubtlessly be more about this later in the week.

While I was waiting I realized that there was going to be a very pretty sunset. I grabbed my camera and made my way to the boardwalk. With autumn creating a orange blanket of leaves on the top of the north mountain, the golden light of the sunset was stunning. I also had a pleasant five minute conversation with a local lady where I learned many of the details of her life stretching back some 80 years. It is amazing what you can see and learn on a quiet Sunday evening in Annapolis Royal.

All for now,
RGS








No comments:

Post a Comment