Sunday, December 5, 2010

Victorian Christmas 2010 - Second Weekend

Victorian Christmas at the O'Dell House Museum has officially come to an end for another year. As always, it was nice to have so many people from our community help us celebrate Christmas in the way it would have been done at the end of the 19th century. We sang some carols, ate some cookies and drank about 40 liters (10.5 gallons) of apple cider. I would like to thank all of the foragers, decorators, animators, cookie bakers and other volunteers who make this event possible.

I decided to have a bit of fun with the pictures I was taking this weekend. While there are lots of interesting photographic opportunities at Victorian Christmas, I started to wonder how the event would look if it were photographed in black and white. I suppose that my logic was somewhere in the realm of "this is how a Victorian would have photographed Christmas". When I looked at the resulting images I was amazed how quickly people I had known for years started looking like images from our archival collection.

All for now,
RGS






No comments:

Post a Comment