Friday, January 28, 2011

After the Snow

After the snow plow finally came to set me free at about 10:30 this morning, I was able to make my way into Annapolis Royal to see what our latest snowstorm had left in its wake. I found pretty well what I expected. Large piles of snow, slippery roads and a collection of Annapolitans slowly digging themselves out. I took a few minutes to clear a path to the front of the O'Dell House Museum and then decided to see if I could find a few pictures along Lower St George Street. I knew that fellow photographer Trish Fry had a good representation of the phases of the storm in the Historic Gardens and upper town so I decided to concentrate on the area around the Museum. With a high proportion of 18th century buildings in this part of town, I wonder how many winter storms some of these houses have endured?

All for now,
RGS








2 comments:

  1. Nice...I'd like to have a copy of the photo showing the row of homes with the turquoised door in the foreground for possible painting, Ryan. You could email it to me if you're willing to share.
    Sherry Caldwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all yours as long as I get to see the painting at the end.
    RGS

    ReplyDelete