Sunday, January 9, 2011

Project 365 Annapolis Royal

Well the final installment of my review of 2010 is going to need to wait a little while. The images to complete the 2010 review are on my home computer and I am decidedly not at home. I am spending a few days in Charlottetown attending to some family issues. While I have been to Charlottetown many, many times, this is the first time I can remember not seeing the red soil. Thanks to some recent snowfalls there is quite a bit more snow on the ground than there was in Annapolis Royal when I left.

Although the 2010 review is on hold, I am able to write about one of the first activities of 2011. Shortly before New Year's Day Trish Fry from the Historic Gardens contacted me with a proposal. Like me, Trish has been known to run around Annapolis Royal with a camera in her hand. Her idea was to attempt Project 365 where individuals commit to taking and posting a new photograph every day for a year. More specifically, she proposed that each of our images should be in some way related to the Annapolis Royal region. We have been joined in this activity by Paul Stackhouse of the Hillsdale House. At the end of the year we should have a pool of interesting images that document a year in the life of Annapolis Royal.

My unexpected trip to PEI has already posed a challenge in
trying to get a photograph of Annapolis Royal every day. I think that I have come up with a creative solution for bringing Annapolis Royal on the road. If you are interested in joining the fun it is not too late. While we started on January 1, your Project 365 Annapolis Royal can start today.

All for now,
RGS


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I'm going smaller and trying 52 week of Hamilton Buildings instead of 365 days. I look forward to seeing all your photos.

    ReplyDelete