Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gone to the Birds

A number of years ago there was a movie called Groundhog Day. In this movie the character played by Bill Murray would wake up and go through variations of the same day over and over again. Perhaps it is because today is Groundhog Day and the movie is in the forefront of my mind but, there seems to be a pattern developing in Annapolis Royal. Unfortunately, this pattern includes big heaping dumps of snow, wind, school closures and meetings postponed. For the second time in less than a week we are snow bound.

So, with a few unexpected minutes on my hands, I decided to see if I could get some pictures of the birds who frequent our feeders. I enjoy watching the birds come and go but, rarely do I have much time to watch them. To be fair, I saw all of these types of birds today but the images of the chickadee and the red-bellied woodpecker were taken over the past few weeks. In case birds are not your thing, from the top to the bottom we have two images of a downy woodpecker, a male cardinal, a red-bellied woodpecker, two images of a female cardinal, a chickadee and a white throated sparrow.

All for now,
RGS






1 comment:

  1. Well, They are cheerful pictures. Needed on a cold windy day.

    ReplyDelete