Friday, April 22, 2011

Night on the Annapolis Basin

The other night when I was on my way home from the Volunteer Appreciation evening, I stopped to snap a photograph of Granville Ferry from the parking lot of the O'Dell House Museum. Those of you who have been reading for a while will know that this is a fairly common activity. I have taken an almost comical number of photographs of this view. Since there was an thin fog hanging over the basin, I decided to see if I could get an interesting image. If you are not familiar with our local geography, this is the image at the bottom of this post.

As I was driving home, I happened to look back across the water at Annapolis Royal. While I frequently photograph the view looking north across the Annapolis Basin, I have far fewer images looking south from Granville Ferry. I pulled into the parking lot at the Granville Ferry Community Hall and found a likely looking rock to use as a tripod. I managed to get a couple of pictures before I startled someone coming to get their mail from the boxes beside the Hall. While I really enjoy the image of the boats tied to the wharf at low tide, it is a pretty image from both sides of the Annapolis Basin.

All for now,
RGS

No comments:

Post a Comment